Come join our growing team at Covey! We are hiring for a new position, Chief Program Development Officer. Covey’s mission is to empower people with disabilities to fully engage with our community. This position is responsible for identification of service gaps to Covey’s market and will develop innovative, viable, and sustainable solutions that drive organizational growth and provide increased market value through program and/or service differentiation.
- Solicits community input to identify program/service needs/gaps, and to improve performance of existing programs.
- Monitors trends/service needs/gaps to adapt/expand/create programs and services to meet the changing needs of Covey’s target population.
- Engage in community outreach promoting Covey’s programs and service to increase the organization’s visibility with potential partner agencies, participants, and donors.
- Leads ideation exercises, investigates market needs, defines unique value propositions, performs competitor analysis, conducts customer needs interviews and surveys, and creates business cases for high-potential new program concepts.
- Identify and evaluate risks associated with the program and incorporate risk controls into the program design.
- Manages a pipeline of opportunities, projects and programs in various stages of development.
- Recommends and initiates improved and enhanced designs of existing programs to create value to existing customers and growth opportunities. Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding the continuation or discontinuation of under-performing programs.
- Represents Covey on various multi-organization committees to identifying client unmet needs and potential opportunities
- Develops funding proposals, grants and other sources of donor funding. Monitor and manage the use of these funds within the guidelines established with the funder.
We Offer Some Pretty Great Benefits, They Include:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Scheduling
- Paid Training
- Wear Jeans to Work
- Building Connections with Clients & Staff
- Get Paid to Participate in Fun Outings with Clients
- Retirement Plan & Company Match
- 5+ years of experience in non-profit program development, including identifying unmet needs and developing solutions to address these needs
- Bachelor’s degree in human services leadership, business, non-profit management, or similar field
- Experience in establishing, managing and leading new initiatives and strategic priorities
- A strong desire to build and create new solutions that align with customer needs.
- Critical thinking abilities (ability to convert customer needs into innovative solutions)
- Ability to articulate new opportunities, create buy-in, and establish vision for growth while maintaining a strategic business perspective.
- Ability to drive program expansion and recognition throughout the community
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, including strong collaborative skills.
- Comfortable making decisions with some level of ambiguity and uncertainty.