For many nonprofit organizations around the world, GivingTuesday is a critical day for fundraising. What began in 2012 as a movement to inspire people and companies to give back to their communities has become a global phenomenon of philanthropy.
Just how phenomenal is it? Well, in 2020, an astounding $2.47 billion was donated to U.S. nonprofits by a reported 34.8 million people on GivingTuesday. America, we applaud your generosity.
Your contributions help charities everywhere reach their goals and achieve new milestones. You might just inspire others to give, too!
The Power of Giving
At Covey, we dare to imagine a world without boundaries—where individuals with disabilities are valued for their unique talents and the different perspectives they share with the community. When you give to Covey, you’re supporting a good cause and so much more.
What Your Donation to Covey can Provide
- A $10 donation could provide a registration fee for one individual to participate in a Covey Connects event
- A $25 donation could help a participant build a social network or learn a new skill
- A $50 donation can cover the cost of an outing for individuals with limited opportunity to go out in their community
- A $100 donation can provide an afternoon of respite relief for a caregiver
- A $300 donation can help a kid learn to ride a conventional two-wheel bike
- A $500 donation can cover 2 months of transportation costs for Covey programs
- A $750 donation can provide a full weekend of respite relief for a caregiver or provide for an emergency respite stay
- A $1000 donation can help Covey purchase essential equipment needed to properly care for our clients, such as a lift or adaptive communication devices
Maximize with Meta
This year, Facebook (now powered by Meta) has pledged to match $8 million USD in qualifying donations made on Facebook during GivingTuesday! Matching will be done on a first-come, first-served basis and will continue until the $8 million fund runs out.
Here’s How it Works:
- For the first $2 million, Facebook will match 100% of the donation. For example, if you donate $100, Facebook will also donate $100.
- For the remaining $6 million, Facebook will match 10% of the donation. For example, if you donate $100, Facebook will also donate $10.
Matching will be available for any US-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization eligible to receive donations on Facebook.
Create Opportunities with Covey
Covey is a nonprofit organization located in Oshkosh and Appleton, Wisconsin. We provide compassionate care, respite, skill-building programs, community engagement services, and more to individuals with disabilities and their families. By creating an inclusive environment and encouraging individuals with disabilities to achieve greater independence, we drive toward our mission of creating opportunities that foster personal growth.